There are no new notifications to display.
Last modified: March 31, 2019
Here at CGHero we understand that privacy is important to you. It’s also important to us. We do all we can to protect your personal data and keep it secure. We only collect and use personal data in ways that are described in
using our Site immediately.
CG Hero Ltd ("CGHero") is a limited company registered in England and Wales (CRN: 10283663).
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: +44 161 533 0570
Registered Office: CG Hero Ltd, The Sharp Project, Thorp Road, Manchester M40 5BJ, United Kingdom
CGHero is a data controller of personal data (collected through CGHero.com or if you use our services in other ways). As a data controller, CGHero is regulated by the
Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom.
This Policy applies to your use of our Site and other services, whether as a visitor to our Site (“Visitor”) or as a registered user (“User”), including a freelance artist or studio that provides their CGI
services through our Site (“Heroes”). This Policy explains how we process your personal data: how it is collected, how it is stored, and who it may be shared with. It also explains your rights under the law
relating to your personal data.
Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such
websites before providing any data to them.
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in
particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that, on its own, or when combined with other information, enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name
and contact details, but it also online identifiers.
– full name;
– contact details, e.g. email address and/or telephone number ;
– business name, profession and/or job title;
– username (if different from full name);
– whether you are over a certain age (e.g. not a minor);
– address or part of your address, e.g. city or country;
– registration details;
– profile picture;
– Hero summary;
– skills and technical abilities;
– your artwork / portfolios and any descriptions;
– project involvement and use of our services;
– conversation history;
– your accessibility, i.e. whether you are currently unavailable (and for how long) ;
– payment information, e.g. PayPal or Payoneer details or bank account details ;
– information about your request;
– feedback that you may provide on our services, an Hero or a CGHero client, including testimonial ;
– ratings and rating descriptions that may be provided about you ;
– support requests;
– preferences and interests.
If you are a Hero, some of your information (e.g. name, Hero summary, skills and technical abilities, artwork / portfolios and other descriptive information) will be displayed publicly on our Site. The level of
information visible to a visitor of our Site will differ depending on whether they are a Visitor or a User.
We do not request information classed as ‘special categories of personal data’ under the GDPR (see ICO Guidance on special categories of personal data). If you choose to provide us with this information as part
of your Hero summary you acknowledge that this may be included within the information displayed publicly, as detailed above.
Note that if you decide not to provide us with certain personal data this may impact upon our ability to provide you with our services or Site.
The information we collect may include your IP address, your interactions with the Site and our services (e.g. date of your visit, pages visited, length of time spent on our Site etc.), referring URL, browser,
device, operating system and Internet Service Provider.
Your personal data may be obtained from third parties, such as social media companies (the information you have made available through such channels or where you choose to link this to your CGHero account), other
companies that hold your publicly or commercially accessible data, companies that provide us with payment services, other companies that we have partnered with to provide our services or individuals who (with
your consent) share your personal data with us.
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, because you have consented to our use
of your personal data (you can always withdraw your consent), or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following legitimate business purposes:
– supplying our services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you;
– providing and managing your access to our Site;
– providing and managing your account / User profile;
– promoting our Heroes (by publishing some User profile information on our Site) ;
– communicating with you. This may include responding to emails, calls or other messages from you, letting you know when you have received a private message through the Site or that there is a new project
that you may be interested in, providing you with project updates, providing you with reviews and project feedback, informing you of your account balance etc. ;
– supplying you with project information by email that you have opted-in to receive (you may opt-out of receiving certain information through your email settings in your account) ;
– personalising and tailoring our services for you;
– dealing with any support queries;
– analysing your use of our Site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our Site and your Visitor / User experience.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email with information, news, and offers on our services. You
will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive)
Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected, as set out in this Policy. In determining for how long we will retain your personal
data, we take into account certain factors, such as the length of time since our last interaction with you and whether we are required to retain the information for a certain period under applicable laws, e.g.
financial transaction data.
We store your personal data on servers located in the European Economic Area (the “EEA” consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). We may also store or transfer some or all of
your personal data to countries that are not part of the EEA. These are known as “third countries” and may not have data protection laws that are as strong as those in the UK and/or the EEA. This means that we
will take additional steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR, for example, by entering into Standard Contractual
Please contact us using the details below in Part 13 for further information about the particular data protection mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data to a third country.
In some limited circumstances we may be legally required to share your personal data. For example, if we are involved in legal proceedings or if we need to comply with legal obligations, a court order, or the
instructions of a government authority.
In addition, we may sometimes contract with third parties (including parties located outside of the EEA) to supply products and/or services to us or to you on our behalf . These may include payment processing,
project management tools and marketing. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data that we hold.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to e